By Mathias Goyen
All the medical functions of whole-body MRI--together in a single crucial reference!
"This booklet, to my wisdom, is the 1st of its sort and provides a hands-on method of the evolving box of whole-body MRI, which provides the reader instruments to successfully make the most of and optimize applicatino of whole-body MRI expertise within the sufferer care setting."--F. Scott Pereles, MD, Salinas Valley Radiologists
Superbly illustrated, and written by means of major specialists who helped identify MRI as a diagnostic instrument, this clinically correct source places whole-body MRI into point of view like no different textual content. the 1st part covers the technical necessities of whole-body MRI, in addition to its ideas and linked information processing. next sections provide a pragmatic examine all elements of whole-body MRI from a scientific perspective--including its use in sufferers with peripheral arterial occlusive illness and in metastasis screening.
- The purely hands-on method of the evolving box of whole-body MRI-filled with instruments to optimize whole-body MRI expertise within the sufferer care setting
- Complete assurance of the entire most modern whole-body MRI technical necessities, ideas, and linked info processing
- Richly illustrated presentation of the medical parts of cardiovascular research and musculoskeletal diseases
- Overview of oncological whole-body imaging that addresses the comparability of whole-body MRI with bone scintigraphy within the detection of bone metastases, and with FDG-PET because it pertains to whole-body staging
- Detailed evaluation of either the scientific and experimental questions referring to whole-body MRI
Read Online or Download Real whole-body MRI : requirements, indications, perspectives PDF
Best radiology books
A continuation of the treatise The Dosimetry of Ionizing Radiation, quantity III builds upon the principles of Volumes I and II and the culture of the preceeding treatise Radiation Dosimetry. quantity III comprises 3 finished chapters at the purposes of radiation dosimetry specifically study and clinical settings, a bankruptcy on specific and helpful detectors, and chapters on Monte Carlo strategies and their purposes.
This is often the second one, up to date and prolonged variation of a well-received e-book that provides a entire assessment of ultrasonographic imaging of acute and persistent gastrointestinal ailments, together with acute stomach, appendicitis, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel ailments, neoplasms and much, infections, malabsorption syndromes, and infrequent stipulations.
This hassle-free atlas, that includes approximately 500 pictures, might be a short advisor to examining PET/CT photographs with FDG in oncology. It additionally illustrates tips to realize basic, para-physiological, and benign pathological uptakes in a case-based sensible demeanour. The textual content, along with so much proper technical and pathophysiological premises, covers the most medical purposes and obviously articulates studying issues and pitfalls.
Additional info for Real whole-body MRI : requirements, indications, perspectives
Magn Reson Med 2004; 51(3): 568–76. 31. Kruger DG, Riederer SJ, Polzin JA, Madhuranthakam AJ, Hu HH, Glockner JF. Dual-velocity continuously moving table acquisition for contrast-enhanced peripheral magnetic resonance angiography. Magn Reson Med 2005; 53(1): 110–7. 32. Polzin JA, Kruger DG, Gurr DH, Brittain JH, Riederer SJ. Correction for gradient nonlinearity in continuously moving table MR imaging. Magn Reson Med 2004; 52(1): 181–7. 33. Zenge MO, Quick HH, Vogt FM, Ladd ME. MR imaging with a continuously rolling table platform and high-precision position feedback.
5 Tesla magnets have a bore length of typically approx. 160 cm (dashed line) and a bore diameter of typically approx. 60 cm, this short magnet with the same field strength has a magnet length of just approximately 125 cm with a wider bore diameter of approximately 70 cm. Compared to the homogeneous FOV of a standard magnet (FOV 1), the useable homogeneous FOV of the short magnet (FOV 2) is constrained by the shorter magnet design – at least in the longitudinal direction. This has consequences for whole-body MRI.
10. Leiner T, Nijenhuis RJ, Maki JH, Lemaire E, Hoogeveen R, van Engelshoven JM. Use of a three-station phased array coil to improve peripheral contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography. J Magn Reson Imaging 2004; 20(3): 417–25. 11. Ruehm SG, Goyen M, Barkhausen J, Kroger K, Bosk S, Ladd ME, Debatin JF. Rapid magnetic resonance angiography for detection of atherosclerosis. Lancet. 2001; 357(9262): 1086–9. 12. Shetty AN, Bis KG, Duerinckx AJ, Narra VR. Lower extremity MR angiography: universal retrofitting of high-field-strength systems with stepping kinematic imaging platforms initial experience.