By Sayed Ali, Sanjay Patel, Dhiren Shah
Access interactive circumstances on musculoskeletal imaging for the easiest board assessment possible!
Part of McGraw-Hill's Radiology Case evaluate Series, this certain source demanding situations you to examine a bunch of pictures, be certain the prognosis, solution comparable questions, and gauge your wisdom by way of reviewing the reply. all of it provides as much as the simplest interactive evaluation of musculoskeletal imaging available--one that is perfect for certification or recertification, or as an incomparable scientific refresher. individual through a cohesive two-page layout, each one quantity during this sequence is full of situations, annotated photos, questions and solutions, pearls, and appropriate literature references that would successfully arrange you for nearly any examination subject. The book's situations are crosslinked to an internet part that comes with full-resolution photos, interactive photograph stacks, discussions and additional instructing issues that toughen your grab of must-know musculoskeletal imaging topics.
Radiology Case evaluate Series good points
- 200 situations for every quantity, which consist of:
- Precise, state of the art photographs observed via questions and solutions, descriptions of the entities, insightful medical pearls, and reference lists
- Intensive assurance of basic radiology rules, the newest diagnostic imaging innovations, radiology gear, new applied sciences, and more
- Unique 2-page structure for every case, which features:
- Images with five questions about the right-hand web page
- Magnifications, annotations, and specific solutions at the verso page--a profit that you're going to in basic terms locate during this extraordinary sequence!
- Informative, bulleted reviews field that offers vital extra context for every case
- Cases equipped and coded by way of trouble point permitting you to judge your skillability sooner than progressing to the following point
- Radiology-relevant scrolling and stacking functionality
- A committed interactive website--accessible through scratch-off code for every quantity within the series--enables you to:
- Scroll the pictures from every one case within the textual content in addition to stack photos (display a number of perspectives of a picture)
- Zoom out and in, or scroll up and down, to spotlight particular information of a topic
- Access extra photographs for every case utilizing the case identity quantity from the text
Read or Download Radiology Case Review Series: MSK Imaging PDF
Similar radiology books
A continuation of the treatise The Dosimetry of Ionizing Radiation, quantity III builds upon the rules of Volumes I and II and the culture of the preceeding treatise Radiation Dosimetry. quantity III includes 3 entire chapters at the purposes of radiation dosimetry particularly examine and clinical settings, a bankruptcy on certain and worthwhile detectors, and chapters on Monte Carlo innovations and their purposes.
This is often the second one, up-to-date and prolonged version of a well-received e-book that provides a entire evaluate of ultrasonographic imaging of acute and protracted gastrointestinal ailments, together with acute stomach, appendicitis, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel illnesses, neoplasms and lots more and plenty, infections, malabsorption syndromes, and infrequent stipulations.
This straight forward atlas, that includes approximately 500 pictures, could be a brief consultant to reading PET/CT photos with FDG in oncology. It additionally illustrates how you can realize common, para-physiological, and benign pathological uptakes in a case-based functional demeanour. The textual content, inclusive of such a lot proper technical and pathophysiological premises, covers the most scientific purposes and obviously articulates studying issues and pitfalls.
Additional resources for Radiology Case Review Series: MSK Imaging
If a sternoclavicular separation is suspected, then a CT scan is the next most appropriate study. A “serendipity” view is an AP film with 40-degree cranial angulation, used to evaluate the sternoclavicular joints. 3. This is a sternoclavicular dislocation, and the anterior form is nine times more common than the posterior form. 4. The main risk of a posterior sternoclavicular dislocation is mediastinal injury, including tracheal rupture and vascular injury. 5. Posterior sternoclavicular dislocations require closed reduction under anesthesia, or if this fails or the injury is life threatening, then open reduction.
A small avulsion fracture may be seen. • Partial tears are more common than complete tears. 42 A gap is demonstrated in the expected location of the distal triceps tendon (asterisk). • Athletic injuries and falls onto outstretched hands are the most common causes of triceps tendon tears. • Risk factors include anabolic steroid use, local steroid injection, olecranon bursitis, and hyperparathyroidism. • Complete tears are generally treated surgically. • Partial tears involving less than 50% of the tendon are often managed nonsurgically.
A case of sternoclavicular dislocation with scapulothoracic dissociation. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1996;167(2):332. Road traﬃc accident 1. What are the imaging findings? 2. What are the different types of this entity? 3. What is the usual mechanism of injury? 4. What are the components of the Lisfranc ligament? 5. What imaging modality is best for evaluation of the major ligamentous structure involved in this entity? 25 Lisfranc fracture dislocation 1539 Category: Trauma Case ranking/difﬁculty: Fracture of the third (arrowhead) and fourth (arrow) metatarsal bases, with malalignment.