Tuesday’s Festival for Frugality has 35 articles. Through very unscientific analysis, I found 17 articles (49%) where the personal aspect of frugality shined. I felt these twelve articles were worth sharing and articles submitted to multiple carnivals/festivals have been intentionally excluded.
1. Ethnic Markets: Feel Worldly for Cheap: Wise Bread expresses personal experience shopping in ethnic markets for some frugal shopping and offers some great suggestions.
2. Leasing vs. Buying: The Car Debate Continues: Nina, over at QueerCents, maintains an excellent balance of personal experience and information when addressing the lease vs. buy debate between her and her partner.
3. No Car Note
6. This $9 gadget Might Save You from Cable Bills Money, Matter, and More Musings shows how money saving tips can be shared through a personal connection.
7. Saving Money While Traveling for Business: makingourway finds a local grocery instead of maxing out of pre diem on hotel food.
8. Haircuts at Home: Stop the Ride tells how do-it-yourself haircuts is a frugal choice for their family.
10. How to get a Free Car Wash: Money Smart Life talks about how he gets free car washes.
12. Beat February Financial Funk: A Money Map: The Frugal Duchess responds to Howard Dayton’s Your Money map book.